Published July 13, 2016
Turkey's state-run news agency says prosecutors are seeking several consecutive life sentences for dozens of suspects accused of involvement in twin suicide bombings that killed 103 people outside Ankara's train station last year.
There was no claim of responsibility for the Oct. 10, 2015 attack that targeted a peace rally, but Turkish authorities blamed the attack on home-grown Islamic State militants.
Anadolu Agency said Wednesday the Ankara prosecutor's office has charged 36 people with crimes against the state, killing some 100 people, attempting to kill 391 people who were hurt in the attack and possession of arms and explosives. Anadolu said they would collectively face more than 11,000 years in prison, but didn't provide a breakdown.
The suspects include a suspected IS chief in Turkey and a Kazakh national.