Published January 13, 2015
Mexico City authorities say surveillance video reviewed so far by police hasn't shown an abduction of 11 young people who have been missing for more than a week.
An official with Mexico City prosecutors says investigators still have several more hours of footage to review but they haven't found scenes of gunmen kidnapping the group as described by a witness.
The official agreed to talk about the case Monday on condition his name not be revealed because he wasn't authorized to discuss an investigation still in progress.
The witness who says he escaped the mass abduction from an after-hours bar on May 26 has told authorities that masked men with large guns and SUVs kidnapped the group in broad daylight.