Published October 27, 2015
Doctors Without Borders' chief in Yemen says a small medical facility it runs in the northern Yemeni province of Saada has been completely destroyed by two airstrikes but that there were no casualties.
Hassan Boucenine, speaking to The Associated Press by telephone from the southern port of Aden, says the first strike came around 11 p.m. on Monday and hit a building housing the facility's administration offices.
He says no one was inside the building at the time. The second strike targeted the main building about 10 minutes later, by which time everyone inside — a total of about 12 staff and patients — had been evacuated.
A Saudi-led coalition has been launching airstrikes against Yemen's Shiite rebels, also known as Houthis, and their allies since March.