SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Four Utah boys out to buy soda from a South Jordan store are being called heroes for helping a woman whose pants were burning.
The boys, ages 12 and 13, were walking to a Walmart Neighborhood Market after school Thursday when they spotted a woman lying in the parking lot with her leg on fire.
KSL-TV reports 12-year-old Matai Wilson took off his coat and used it to smother the flames, and the boys called 911.
Police say the woman was wearing nylons under her jeans, and the pantyhose caught fire when ash from her cigarette burned through the pants. She was taken to the hospital with serious burns.
The boys' parents say they're proud of their sons and planned to take them to dinner to celebrate.