Cops: Lab results show NY pair was cooking meth, not chicken wings, when apt. fire broke out

Authorities say two people were making meth when their central New York apartment caught fire, and not cooking a batch of chicken wings as they told police.

Police tell the Auburn Citizen (http://bit.ly/IFOO6L ) that firefighters responded to an early morning fire in May at an Auburn apartment where a 42-year-old woman and a 44-year-old man suffered severe burns from what they claimed was a grease fire.

Firefighters were suspicious and asked police to investigate. Police later found two 2-liter bottles in a wooded area near the complex with evidence of methamphetamine.

The bottles were sent to a state lab where they tested positive for illegal substances. The two suspects were charged this week with manufacturing meth after being indicted by a Cayuga County grand jury.

___

Information from: The Citizen, http://www.auburnpub.com