3 women found dead in house from possible carbon monoxide

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Three women were found dead at a house Monday where a car was running in the garage and three Los Angeles sheriff's deputies had to be treated after apparently being overcome by fumes.

Two of the dead women were found in the car in the garage of the Hawaiian Gardens house and another body was inside the house, Los Angeles fire dispatcher Melanie Flores said.

Carbon monoxide was believed to be the cause of the deaths, county fire spokesman David Bantic said. Sheriff's Department homicide detectives, however, were investigating suspicious circumstances.

Flores said she didn't know what the deputies were treated for. "Initially they believed that the people in the house were killed by carbon monoxide, so they think they were initially overtaken by that when they went to check on the welfare of the people," she said.

Sgt. Joe Reveles wouldn't confirm that deputies had been taken to the hospital, but he said the department's employees were fine.