Petrified Forest National Park In 5...
An abundance of ancient, crystallized logs and wood fragments give the Petrified Forest its name, but it’s a name that doesn’t tell the whole story. Click here for full story.
- A view of the Painted Desert from the 28-mile Park Road, which connects the north and south entrances.read more
- The restored Painted Desert Inn is foremost among the park's historic buildings - it contains a museum and bookstore.read more
- The Blue Mesa Trail twists through a desolate landscape of striated formations and eerie badlands.read more
- The Crystal Forest Trail is one of several through the park that pass beside ancients forests of petrified wood.read more
- Wigwam Motel, a fixture on Route 66 in Holbrook, about 25 miles west of Petrified Forest National Park.read more
- Petrified Forest National Park In 5...