Join host Brit Hume and FOX's Team Washington weekdays at 6 p.m. ET for "Special Report" — Find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.
• President Bush in a speech on his Asia tour held up the self-governing island of Taiwan, which Beijing claims as its own, as a model of freedom "at all levels" that the communist giant should emulate. Carl Cameron will bring us the details from the president's trip.
• And Iraq's main Sunni Arab political party today demanded an international investigation into allegations that security forces illegally detained and tortured suspected insurgents at secret jails in Baghdad. Bret Baier will have the latest from the Pentagon.
• Then, Washington Post Assistant Managing Editor Bob Woodward testified under oath Monday in the CIA leak case that a senior administration official told him about CIA operative Valerie Plame and her position at the agency nearly a month before her identity was disclosed. Jim Angle has more.
• Plus, we’ll talk about the CIA leak developments today with Joe DiGenova, a former federal prosecutor. Is this a bombshell for the case?
• And, the Senate debates $60 billion in tax cuts today, a proposal that’s divided the GOP, pitting Republican moderates against zealous tax-cutters. Major Garrett has a report.
• Also, Brian Wilson will update us on the latest in the Samuel Alito Supreme Court nomination. Alito is facing some strong opposition from Democrats, but can he change their minds?
• Then, Mike Tobin heads to the Jordanian town of Zarka, the birthplace of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Don’t miss this inside look at where the terrorist mind got his start, including the home where he grew up.
Real journalism: fair and balanced. That's why we're No. 1 — FOX News Channel.
About the Show
Anchored by Washington news veteran Brit Hume, "Special Report with Brit Hume" provides an in-depth look at the day's news and offers a daily topical discussion of political issues impacting the nation.
Hume serves as host to key newsmakers, political pundits and FOX News contributors exchanging views about political matters from taxes and Social Security to international affairs and the political scandal of the day.
Hume brings a historical perspective to the political scene that is rarely rivaled. Born and raised in Washington, D.C., he has covered the policies, procedures and players in the national game called politics for more than 30 years. The Baltimore Sun referred to him as "the very personification of the political establishment."
Each program features a two-minute segment called The Grapevine, which reels off the latest outrageous news nuggets, political poll results and in-the-Beltway gossip that viewers will not see on any other news program. The New York Daily News describes The Grapevine as a must see that, "will make you sound smart around the water cooler… the next day."
FOX News' Team Washington provides live reports from the White House, Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court and key federal agencies. Seasoned correspondents explore political hot spots, races and legislative battles being waged around the nation and abroad.
Hume wraps up each program with a lively roundtable discussion featuring Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, Fred Barnes of The Weekly Standard and Mort Kondracke of Roll Call.
And more people watch FNC's Primetime than all of the cable news competition combined!
— Guests and topics are subject to change