Don't ask Theresa Loiacono for a specific recipe because she prefers the pinch-and-dash method and thinks measuring spoons are for rookies! But if you follow these simple instructions, you're sure to make a delicious beef stew that's a favorite of Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
• How to Make Theresa's Savory Beef Stew:
1. Chop up middle chuck beef, sauté it with garlic and oil.
2. Add a little white wine and Theresa's homemade marinara, a pinch of oregano, a lot of basil and a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Simmer for a half-hour and add chopped carrots.
4. Return to simmer for another half-hour, then add diced potatoes.
5. Simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
Theresa Loiacono is a chef from Sea Tide Gourmet Fish restaurant, which has locations in Brooklyn and Queens, N.Y.