The full text of the form that Condit's attorneys asked Anne Marie Smith to sign [Mr. Robinson is the attorney for Anne Marie Smith]:
Dear Mr. Robinson,
Attached is the declaration. Please edit, cut, suggest, etc.
Thanks in advance,
DECLARATION OF ANN MARIE SMITH
I, ANN MARIE SMITH, declare:
1. I am, Ann Marie Smith, a flight attendant based in the San Francisco Bay area.
2. I regularly fly to the Washington, D.C. area as part of my job.
3. During the course of my employment I have become acquainted with Gary A. Condit, a U.S. Congressman who is a frequent flier from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
4. In addition to Congressman Condit, I also have become acquainted with other elected officials and their numerous staff members who travel weekly to the nation's capital.
5. I do not and have not had a relationship with Congressman Condit other then being acquainted with him. I do not and have not had a romantic relationship with Congressman Condit.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed this ___ day of June 2001 at _______________, California.
Ann Marie Smith