Report: O.J. Simpson Knocked on Floor During Brawl With Daughter

O.J. Simpson and his adult daughter Arnelle reportedly got into such a tussle over his girlfriend that cops came to break up the brawl, gossip mongers dished Thursday.

Police descended on Simpson's Florida residence to find him in the throes of a fight with 39-year-old daughter Arnelle, the New York Daily News reported, citing unnamed sources.

Arnelle reportedly was furious about girlfriend Christie Prody's alleged drinking habits and knocked her 61-year-old dad onto the ground, giving him a head injury, according to the News.

"Christie has some problems with drinking, and Arnelle got mad," the News' source spilled. "O.J. said 'Don't talk to her like that,' and Arnelle pushed him."

O.J.'s daughter then called 911, the News said. The police report doesn't mention Simpson's fall.

Click here for more on this story from the New York Daily News.

Earlier this week a judge rejected a request by a co-defendant of Simpson to delay their upcoming trial on charges of armed robbery and kidnapping.

A lawyer for Clarence "C.J." Stewart had asked Clark County District Judge Jackie Glass to put off the Sept. 8 opening day until the Nevada Supreme Court considers Stewart's request for a separate trial.

Stewart's lawyers argue that it will be impossible for him to get a fair trial because most of the focus will be on Simpson, an NFL Hall of Fame player, actor and advertising pitchman who was acquitted in 1995 of charges that he murdered his ex-wife and her friend.

Stewart and Simpson face felony charges of kidnapping, armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon stemming from a confrontation with two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas casino hotel room last September.

They are the last two defendants in the case. Four men who accompanied Simpson and Stewart accepted plea deals and agreed to testify against Simpson.

A kidnapping conviction carries the possibility of life in prison with the possibility of parole, and a robbery conviction would mean mandatory prison time.

Simpson maintains that he went to the hotel room to retrieve items stolen that had been from him, that he didn't ask anyone to bring guns and that he didn't know anyone in the room was armed.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.