Report: Murdered Girls' Father Had Long History of Abuse, Police Run-ins

The on-the-lam father believed to have murdered his two teenage daughters had a long history of abuse that included several clashes with the law in the past, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Yaser Said, 50, is still on the run, nearly two weeks after his 17- and 18-year-old girls Sarah and Amina were found shot to death in his taxi and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Some family members believe he may have fled the country to his homeland of Egypt, the News reported, and authorities are investigating that possibility.

But Said was no stranger to officers in Lewisville, Texas, and the numerous other communities throughout the state where he and his family have lived over the years, according to the paper.

Click here to read the entire report in The Dallas Morning News.

Family members say he had physically abused and threatened his daughters and his 36-year-old wife, Patricia, for more than a decade, and was prone to violent outbursts and diatribes about the corrupting influence of Western culture on his children.

Click here to see photos.

In one instance, Sarah and Amina accused their father of sexual abuse in 1998, when they were 8 and 9 years old; their American-born mother supported their claims in a sworn affidavit, the News reported. A few months later, the girls retracted their story and a district judge dismissed aggravated assault charges against their father.

Another time, Said's older daughter Amina told a confidant that her father had kicked her in the face, and when she was a high school sophomore, a friend remembered that she came to class with red welts all over her back and arms. Said reportedly told her that he would take her to Egypt and have her killed. At one stage, he even went into her bedroom and threatened her with a gun, according to the newspaper.

Said was lashing out because he didn't approve of Amina's boyfriend, family members told the News.

The younger girl, Sarah — who made the 911 call the night she and Amina were shot and repeatedly told the dispatcher that she was dying — also suffered constant verbal and physical abuse at the hands of her father, according to the News.

On Christmas Day of 2007, Patricia Said, her daughters and their boyfriends left Yaser Said and their 19-year-old son and brother, Islam. They fled the state, renting an apartment under a pseudonym in Tulsa, Okla., the paper reported.

Yaser Said filed a missing persons report Dec. 26, and Patricia called Lewisville police Dec. 27 to tell them she and her girls were safe. She said she was "in great fear of her life," according to the police report.

But guilt about leaving her husband and son apparently overcame Patricia Said, and she returned home on New Year's Eve, according to the paper. She lied to her daughters about where they were going. A day later, her girls were dead.