CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Police in Cheyenne say a junior high school teacher was hospitalized Monday after a student put Visine eyedrops into her drink as a prank.
Police identified the victim as 58-year-old Jo L. Miyamoto, a teacher at Johnson Junior High.
She went to the emergency room for treatment, spent the night in the hospital and was released late Tuesday.
A school receptionist said Miyamoto was back in the classroom on Thursday.
Police say that some popular movies have shown that spiking a person's drink with Visine is just a prank that can give the person diarrhea.
However, police say ingesting Visine in fact can have very serious health effects, including possibly sending the person into a coma.
Police say they intend to have the Cheyenne District Attorney's Office review the matter when their report is complete.