LOS ANGELES – Speaking publicly for the first time since he was accused of sexual assault, basketball star Kobe Bryant (search) denied the allegations and said he "would never do something like that."
"When everything comes clean, it will all be fine, you'll see," Bryant, 24, told the Los Angeles Times for a story published Sunday. No charges had been filed against him by Sunday.
A 19-year-old woman who works at the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in Edwards, Colo., has accused the 24-year-old Los Angeles Lakers player of sexual assault on the night of June 30.
Bryant, who was in Colorado for knee surgery at a Vail clinic, surrendered to authorities on July 4 and was released after posting $25,000 bond. Prosecutors have said they expect to decide this week whether to file charges.
The five-time NBA All-Star (search) would not discuss the allegations beyond saying he was innocent, the newspaper said.
Bryant's attorneys have previously said he is innocent.