Federal agents gave O.J. Simpson the legal squeeze Tuesday, searching his Miami-area home for six hours and seizing two boxes as part of an Ecstasy drug ring investigation.

Eight other people were arrested in Miami and two in Chicago as part of a two-year investigation called Operation X, FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela said.

Simpson had not been arrested or indicted and Orihuela wouldn't discuss how he was connected to the probe.

Nine other homes in Miami were also being searched by the FBI along with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and the Miami-Dade Police Department.

The former football great was at home when agents arrived at about 6 a.m. In a shot from a television helicopter, Simpson could be seen walking in the backyard in a bathrobe. About two hours after agents arrived, Simpson left the home alone in his sports utility vehicle without talking to reporters.

Simpson attorney Yale Galanter arrived at the house and spoke to agents for about 15 minutes.

Galanter said authorities found "no illegal substances."

Orihuela said the ring imported Ecstasy from Holland and stole equipment used to counterfeit cards that activate satellite television receivers. She also said the ring laundered about $800,000.

Galanter said Simpson has "never been and never will be involved in any type" of illegal drug activity. He added Simpson has nothing to do with money-laundering or other crimes.

Simpson's attorney said the seized boxes contained satellite TV equipment that is legal.

Galanter said his client, who is "used to this type of thing," was cooperating with investigators.

Simpson moved to the neighborhood 15 miles southwest of Miami last year.

He was acquitted Oct. 24 of grabbing another driver's glasses and scratching the man's face in an alleged road-rage argument. Simpson claimed the quarrel was started by the other guy.

Simpson was cleared of criminal charges in the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman in Los Angeles, but a civil jury later ordered him to pay $33.5 million for their deaths.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.