Casey Anthony's Brother Questioned in Caylee 'Baby Sitter' Defamation Case

Attorneys for a woman suing accused child killer Casey Anthony for defamation questioned her brother for more than three hours Friday.

The woman, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, claims that Casey Anthony ruined her life when she said a baby sitter with the same name kidnapped her daughter Caylee, 2.

Anthony's brother, Lee Anthony, answered most of the questions asked by Fernandez-Gonzalez's lawyers at the closed-door deposition Friday morning, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Casey Anthony, 22, is behind bars on first-degree murder and other charges in her daughter's killing. She said she last saw Caylee over the summer when she left her with a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez in the parking lot of a local apartment complex.

Click here for photos.

Her defense team has indicated plans to argue that the sitter kidnapped and later killed the toddler.

They say the woman described by Anthony is not the same person as the one suing.

Police questioned Fernandez-Gonzalez extensively, but turned up no link between her and the child.

Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she lost her job — and her life as she knew it — because of her unwanted involvement in the Anthony saga.

Lee Anthony confirmed that the woman suing his sister isn't the same one she named as Caylee's nanny, lawyer John Morgan told the Sentinel.

Caylee's uncle and his attorney declined to comment after the videotaped deposition ended about 12:30 p.m., the paper said.

Caylee's grandparents didn't have to give statements for the defamation lawsuit on Friday. The depositions of George and Cindy Anthony in the civil case were postponed.

Anthony family attorney Brad Conway has 20 days to turn over documents from a doctor to buy his clients more time before they're deposed.

He filed a motion Tuesday to block the depositions on the grounds that they weren't mentally or emotionally able to participate.

Conway reminded the court that 2-year-old Caylee's grandfather ran away and threatened to commit suicide last month and was only recently released from the hospital.

Caylee disappeared in mid-June but wasn't reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in December in a wooded lot about a half-mile from her family's home.

Casey has insisted that she had nothing to do with her little girl's death. Detectives contend she made the kidnapper nanny story up and the sitter doesn't exist.

Her trial was scheduled to begin in March, but could be delayed until early next year.

Click here for more on this story from the Orlando Sentinel.

Click here for more from