A Texas woman and alleged bank robber couldn't live up to her last name.

Fort Worth police say Sharon Ann Luck, 43, ran short of luck Wednesday after she stuck up a local bank, then headed to her own bank, possibly to deposit the stolen cash in her own account, reports the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Luck allegedly handed a teller at a Bank One (search) a threatening note. She was handed back a bag containing an unspecified amount of cash and, as is standard in bank robberies, a hidden time-delayed exploding dye pack.

A little while later, police got a call that a dye pack had exploded in a woman's purse in the First National Bank (search) in nearby Burleson.

"She already had an account at the bank," Burleson police Sgt. C.P. Aaron told the newspaper. "She may have just been attempting to deposit the money."

Luck allegedly fled the First National Bank. She then allegedly called her boyfriend for help — and he, perhaps misunderstanding her intentions, called the bank.

"He called wanting to know if she had been in there and what had happened," Aaron said.

Luck's luck went dry at a local Home Depot, where police picked her up. She was being held at the Tarrant County Jail on federal charges.

— Thanks to Out There readers Travis M. and Jacob A.

Lack of Tip Leads to Restaurant Violence

Rule No. 1 of dining out: Always tip your waiter.

Anthony Wayne Palmer was stabbed in the parking lot of a Clemmons, N.C., restaurant last Friday night after failing to pay the tip that had been included in the bill for his wife's birthday dinner.

His wife, Susie Palmer, who had met her husband while waitressing at the Sagebrush, the very restaurant where the attack occurred, defended his decision to the Winston-Salem Journal.

"We took the ticket and scratched out the gratuity and wrote 'Due to poor service,'" she told the newspaper. "Normally, we're great tippers because I have done the business and I know what it was like."

Even more strangely, the men who allegedly attacked Anthony Palmer were not Sagebrush staffers, but fellow diners.

The fracas began when a waitress, not the one who'd served the Palmers' large party, complained to them about the lack of tip while they and their relatives were still seated.

Anthony Palmer refused to pay it, but was confronted in the parking lot by two men who'd been sitting at a neighboring table. One man punched him in the face. The other stabbed him.

Forsyth County sheriff's deputies arrested one man and searched for the other. Anthony Palmer was treated at a local hospital and released the following night.

— Thanks to Out There reader Ryan S.

Lack of Any Money at All Leads to Restaurant Arrest

A New Jersey homeless man's lack of money is no impediment to fine dining, reports the Newark Star-Ledger.

Brian Patrick Cahill was arrested last Wednesday night at the Fireside Restaurant in Denville, N.J., after racking up an $88.95 bill on filet mignon, shrimp scampi, premium Canadian whiskey and a few beers — and then telling the waitress he had no way to pay it.

Charged with theft by deception and thrown in the Morris County Jail, Cahill told cops he'd pulled off the stunt dozens of times across northern New Jersey.

"I don't go to rinky-dink places, only fine restaurants," said Cahill, who while dining for free usually wore black slacks, a navy blue T-shirt and black sneakers. "I'm surprised they serve me."

The night before his arrest, Cahill had eaten a big steak and downed five beers and five shots at a Parsippany restaurant — then walked over to the owner to show him his empty wallet.

"If he would have come in like a gentleman and said he was homeless and hungry," said Harold's New York Deli owner Spiro Gizas, "I would have been more than happy to feed him and probably give him some money."

At Harold's, Cahill was arrested, charged with theft of services and released.

"I do it mainly for two reasons," he explained to the newspaper. "I'm hungry and I want to get intoxicated."

Two years ago, Cahill ate $26 of shrimp and kebabs for lunch at a Morristown restaurant, washing it down with a $30 bottle of wine. The owner declined to press charges.

Later that same day, Cahill gobbled up $46.59 worth of food and wine at another place in the same town, then was arrested and released.

Despite the culinary adventures, Cahill plans to tackle his drinking problem and admits what he's doing is wrong.

"The police are right. Theft of services is considered a crime," he said. "Crime doesn't pay. You wind up going to jail."

Oui, Oui, It's A New Car

Anglo-French relations were not helped by what an English family found in their new Peugeot, reports the London Sun.

Ian and Michelle Sherwin of Coventry, near Birmingham, were taking their new Peugeot 307 (search) out for its first drive when their two-year-old son Jack decided to take a look inside the glove compartment.

"Jack pulled out a leaking plastic bag," said Michelle. The bag was full of urine.

"It went all over us," she continued, "and ruined the new-car smell."

The Peugeot dealership thinks the bag was put in there by a disgruntled worker.

Peugeot itself replaced the Sherwins' car with another one worth $1,500 more and have offered the family $250 in compensation.

Discarded Lottery Ticket Ends Up Winning

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — One man's trash was Tom Smith's ticket to cash.

Smith won $10,000 on a lottery ticket that another customer decided not to buy, lottery officials said Thursday.

Smith had stopped at a convenience store in Morgantown to buy his usual Powerball tickets, but was instead coaxed by a clerk to purchase two Hot Lotto (search) tickets that another player decided he didn't want for the April 21 drawing.

"I really just bought them to help out, since they couldn't be canceled," Smith said. "The clerk told me how Hot Lotto is played like Powerball but has better odds of winning. And the next thing I knew I'd won the biggest prize I've ever had."

Smith, a pharmaceutical distributor, said he gave his prize to his wife and two teenage daughters.

Airline Pilot Falls Asleep at Controls

TOKYO (AP) — A Japanese airline pilot nodded off twice while at the controls of a domestic flight last month — in front of a transport official who happened to be on board for a routine inspection.

The 50-year-old All Nippon Airlines (search) pilot has been grounded pending an internal probe ordered by industry regulators, company spokesman Kunio Shibata said Friday.

Shibata said the 80 passengers on the flight from Tokyo to the southwestern city of Ube were never in danger because the Boeing 767-300 was flying on autopilot at the time of the March 23 incident.

He called it "extremely regrettable" and said Japan's second-largest airline was redoubling efforts to ensure safety.

According to the airline, the pilot started to doze off after the aircraft had reached its cruising altitude and the autopilot had been engaged. He only woke up when an official from the Transport Ministry on board for a routine inspection noticed and tapped the co-pilot on the shoulder.

The pilot, whose name has not been released, nodded off again a few minutes later, prompting the co-pilot to yell at him.

The airline is conducting an investigation into the incident ordered by the ministry to determine whether the pilot was negligent or is suffering from a sleeping disorder, Shibata said.

Anything to Declare? Just My Son

HONG KONG (AP) — A Hong Kong man was arrested after he hid his 12-year-old son inside a suitcase on a bus in an apparent hope the child would loot other baggage, newspapers said Friday.

The Wen Wei Po newspaper reported that the man was caught Tuesday at a checkpoint in the Chinese border city of Shenzhen after police noticed he was acting strangely.

Mainland authorities opened the suitcase and found the boy along with a flashlight, a screwdriver and a mobile phone. News reports did not identify the man.

The bus was bound from Hong Kong's airport to Guangzhou, the capital of neighboring Guangdong province, Wen Wei Po reported.

Compiled by Foxnews.com's Paul Wagenseil.

Got a good "Out There" story in your hometown? We'd like to know about it. Send an e-mail, with a Web link (we need to authenticate these things), to outthere@foxnews.com.