No. 6 Baylor edges Oklahoma State 64-60

Perry Jones III had 16 points and 11 rebounds, Quincy Acy provided the go-ahead basket and a key offensive rebound down the stretch and No. 6 Baylor edged Oklahoma State 64-60 on Saturday.

The Cowboys (11-12, 4-6 Big 12) rallied from a nine-point deficit to take a 57-56 lead on Keiton Page's wide-open 3-pointer from the right wing with 1:42 to play.

After a timeout, Acy answered at the other end with a layup set up by Pierre Jackson's drive. Acy also grabbed the rebound when Brady Heslip missed the front end of a one-and-one free throw opportunity with 6.8 seconds left, allowing Anthony Jones to hit two foul shots to close it out for Baylor (21-2, 8-2).

Brian Williams scored a career-high 23 points for Oklahoma State, which was bidding to win back-to-back home games against top-10 opponents. The Cowboys had pulled off the feat back in February 1992, the only other time they had hosted consecutive games against teams ranked that high.

Jackson had 16 points and Acy finished with 11 points and 12 rebounds — none bigger than the ones at the end.

Acy finished inside with 90 seconds left to put Baylor right back ahead after OSU's only lead of the game, and Page missed a 3 from the left wing at the other end. After two free throws by Heslip, Page then used a pump fake and tried to draw a foul when Quincy Miller leaped into the air, but the whistle didn't sound.

The Cowboys were forced to foul, and Heslip — a 95 percent foul shooter — hit two more to push the lead to 62-57. Markel Brown came out of a scrum with the ball and hit a 3-pointer from the right wing get Oklahoma State within two and Heslip, who had made 23 of 24 from the foul line on the season, then had a rare miss with 6.9 seconds left.

Acy bounded along the left baseline to get the rebound, and Anthony Jones' foul shots closed it out with 2.8 seconds left.

It was Baylor's first win at Gallagher-Iba Arena since 2003, snapping an eight-game losing streak.

Williams scored the first eight points of Oklahoma State's 10-2 run to open the second half, and Nash finished it off by weaving through the lane for a layup that tied it at 39 with 14:55 to play. But Nash was whistled for his fourth foul on Baylor's next possession, and the Cowboys didn't score again for over 5 minutes.

Jackson hit a pair of 3-pointers as Baylor scored the next nine points, the second one swishing through on a shot from the right wing for a 48-39 advantage with 10:20 left.

Nash finally returned after spending about 7 minutes on the bench and started bringing Oklahoma State back, just as he had done almost single-handedly when the Cowboys rallied from a seven-point deficit in the final 6½ minutes to beat No. 2 Missouri 10 days earlier.

Nash had a three-point play off of a driving layup, then answered Jones' putback with a jumper from the left elbow to get a 10-2 run going. Page finished it off with his go-ahead 3-pointer.

Baylor got out to a 17-6 lead in the opening 10 minutes but couldn't pull away as the Cowboys got into foul trouble. Nash and Brown each picked up three fouls in the first half and had to head to the bench, leaving Oklahoma State with its only five remaining players who'd ever logged even a minute of playing time on the court.

Jean-Paul Olukemi (knee) and Philip Jurick (foot) are out with injuries, point guards Fred Gulley and Reger Dowell transferred in the middle of the season and yet another point guard Cezar Guerrero was suspended at least one game for violating team rules.

The Cowboys still hung tough, pulling within six before Acy's putback at the halftime buzzer put Baylor up 37-29.