Published January 08, 2015
Brazil's defense minister says it is prepared to fend off cyber attacks during the World Cup.
Celso Amorim says the country's defense strategy against cyber threats has already been put to test during recent major events, including last year during the visit of Pope Francis and the Confederations Cup.
Amorim says officials were able to avoid major disruptions.
On Tuesday, the minister says the country has "to be on alert, but we are prepared against any attack that my happen during the World Cup."
Some hacker groups have already made threats of attacks during soccer's showcase event that begins in June, including the group called Anonymous.