Vikings RB Adrian Peterson recorded his fourth 100-yard game of the year on Sunday. Brace Hemmelgarn USA TODAY Sports
After missing 15 games last season, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is racing his way down the road to redemption. He currently sits atop the NFL's rushing leader board, with 758 yards through eight games.
The top five looks like this:
1. Adrian Peterson, Vikings, 758 yards (169 attempts)
2. Devonta Freeman, Falcons, 721 yards (164 attempts)
3. Chris Johnson, Cardinals, 676 yards (141 attempts)
4. Todd Gurley, Rams, 664 yards (118 attempts)
5. Doug Martin, Buccaneers, 643 yards (143 attempts)
Peterson had a productive outing against the St. Louis Rams in Week 9, as he powered the Vikings to victory with 125 yards and a touchdown on 29 carries. It was his fourth 100-yard outing of the season and his second in a row.
Peterson is on pace to eclipse 1,500 rushing yards this season. He has only surpassed that total twice in his career (1,760 in 2008 and 2,097 in 2012), so this season is projected to be one of his best ever.
MORE NEWS: Want stories delivered to you? Sign up for our NFL newsletters.