Houston's Rising Latino Elite
Houston is seeing the rise of a Latino elite that is flexing its muscle in culture, politics and business.
- The “Latin American Experience” gala at Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts was also something of a debutante ball for the city’s emerging Latino elite – a group of power players making their mark in cultural, philanthropic, political and business circles.read more
- Latinos fill seats on Houston’s city council, port commission, university boards, and arts councils. Their names are included in the ranks of the city’s top attorneys, doctors, business owners, and accounting firms.read more
- August, 2011. Part of Houston's emerging Latino power players (l-r): Carlos Cruz-Diez, Mari Carmen Ramirez and Luis Campos, at the city's "Latin America Experience" gala at the Museum of Fine Arts.read more
- Sofia Adrogue, a high-powered attorney who organized the first Latin American museum gala and sits on the boards of community organizations, hospitals, and cultural institutions, is a regular on the society charity circuit.read more
- Houston's Rising Latino Elite