Bolívar Arellano's 'The Raging 70s: Latino New York'
The work of photographer Bolívar Arellano is on display at Columbia University's Center for the Study of Ethnicity and Race. Here is a sample of some of his work.
- An iconic image of Nuyorican poets Miguel Piñero and Sandra María Esteves riding the New York City subway in the 1970s.read more
- A self-portrait of the photographer Bolívar Arellano taken on assignment sometime in the 1970s.read more
- Former First Lady of Puerto Rico Inés Mendoza and former New York City mayor Ed Koch at the dedication of a street named in honor of Mendoza's husband Luis Muñoz Marín.read more
- Cuban-American salsa singer Celia Cruz known internationally as the "Queen of Salsa."read more
- Puerto Rican singer, dancer and actress Rita Moreno is the only Hispanic and one of the few performers to have won an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy and a Tony, and was the second Puerto Rican to win an Academy Award.read more
- An immigration rally in the 1970s long before the terms "amnesty" and "alien" went out of fashion with pro-immigration groups.read more
- Bolívar Arellano's 'The Raging 70s: Latino New York'