pickled_swordfish_Picture1Pickled Swordfish Recipe Ingredients:
• 1 ½ - 2 pounds swordfish or any firm fish
• Salt and pepper
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 sweet onions, sliced
• 1 red bell pepper
• 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 bay leaves
• ½ teaspoon peppercorns
• ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
• ¼ teaspoon oregano
• ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon capers, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 dozen olives, coarsely chopped
• 3 green plantains
• 1 cup vegetable oil for frying plantainsElizabeth Carrionhttps://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/918/516/pickled-swordfish-Picture1-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
salmon ingredientsCrispy Salmon Tropical Salad Ingredients: • 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
• 7 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
• 1 fresh mango, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• Four 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin on
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup grape seed oil
• ½ cup orange juice
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place tomatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 10-12 minutes or until they skin begins to split. Set aside.
2. With a sharp knife, score salmon filets on skin side. This will allow heat to penetrate through skin and cook faster. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place fillets, skin side down in a large sauté pan. Then turn on the burner to medium-low heat. After a minute, raise to high heat and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Turn salmon and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients and shake well. Set aside.
6. Peel and cut mango into bite-size pieces.
7. To assemble, divide spinach, tomatoes and mango among four plates. Top with salmon and drizzle dressing over salad and salmon. Makes 4 servings.https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/918/516/320fe4ac-salmoningredients.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
pita fish tacos.jpgPita Fish Taco Recipe Ingredients: 1 lb. halibut (or any white fish)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 ripe haas avocados (1 smashed, 1 diced)
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
• ½ lime, squeezed
• 1 ear corn or small can rinsed and drained
• ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 – 12oz package whole wheat pita bread (6 loaves) Directions: 1. Prepare fish – Drizzle with olive oil, brush garlic, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until flaky.
2. While fish is baking, prepare your salad. In a medium size bowl, smash one avocado. Squeeze half of one fresh lime. Then add diced avocado and mix.
3. Add remaining ingredients to bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix again, lightly.
4. When the fish is done, bake your pita bread for about 5 minutes at the same temperature.
5. While bread is toasting, flake the fish and mix in with the avocado mixture.
6. Once the Pita bread is ready, stuff with avocado fish mixture and serve while bread is still warm. Pita Bread Baking Tip: To create the hard taco-like experience, turn a muffin or cupcake pan upside down, fold bread and place between each cup (propping up like a hard taco shell) and bake. Makes six hefty pitas.Courtesy of Elizabeth Carrionhttps://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/918/516/262dac53-pitafishtacos.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
tilapia corn chowderTilapia Corn Chowder Recipe Ingredients:
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup onions, diced
• 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
• 2-3 medium size red potatoes, ½ inch pieces
• 2 ears of corn or 15 oz. can rinsed and drained
• 1 – 15 oz. can creamed corn
• 1 – 12 oz. can fat free evaporated milk
• ¼ teaspoon ground coriander, optional
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 lb. tilapia or tuna , cut into 1-inch chunks
• ½ lime, squeezed
• Crusty bread for dipping Directions: 1. In a large pot, heat olive oil and cook onions until lightly caramelized.
2. Add spices – oregano, thyme, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Add potatoes, water, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
4. While potatoes are cooking, prepare your fish. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle salt and add lime juice. Set aside.
5. Add milk, corn and creamed corn to the potatoes. Mix until heated throughout.
6. Lastly, add tilapia and cook for about 5 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken.
7. Discard bay leaf before serving. Serve with crusty bread for dipping. Makes six servings.https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/918/516/tilapiacornchowder.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
Tomato Basil Flounder step eightTomato Basil Flounder Recipe Ingredients: • 1 lb. flounder fillets
• 1 cup panko crumbs
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper Tomato Basil Sauce Ingredients: • ¼ to ½ cup freshly washed firmly packed basil leaves
• 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• ½ cup canned crushed tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• ½ cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 3 green onions, chopped
• ½ teaspoon dry mustard
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste Directions:
1. Thoroughly rinse basil leaves to remove all dirt and grit.
2. Chop all other herbs and garlic.
3. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
4. Place panko in a bowl and season with salt, paprika and then stir to mix.
5. Dredge fish on both sides in the seasoned panko.
6. Melt butter and oil in a large heavy skillet, over medium high heat and when hot put in 2 or 3 fillets at a time, one layer deep.
7. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden and flaky.
8. Pour tomato basil sauce over fillets and serve immediately. Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes if desired. Makes four servings.https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/918/516/2f1a0813-TomatoBasilFlounderstepeight.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
smorespicnineS'mores Heart Pillows Ingredients:
• 1 – 14oz box pie crust
• 4 oz bar - 60 to 70 percent Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
• 42 pieces mini-marshmallows
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon water
• Raw sugar (we used a red one) Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To make your egg wash, whisk egg and water. Set aside.
3. On a floured surface, roll out pie crusts.
4. Using a 4-inch wide heart-shaped cookie cutter, make as many pairs of hearts as possible.
5. Place chocolate in the center of each heart and top with 6 marshmallows each.
6. Brush edges with egg wash.
7. Top with second heart and press edges with fingertips. Transfer heart pillows to parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
8. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
9. After a minute or so, transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Serve warm.
Note: Marshmallows may burst through crust but the heart will keep its shape. Makes 7 pillowshttps://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/918/516/9daa8c23-smorespicnine.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
Image 1 of 5