Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.
As part of the #DisneyMagicMoments series, the Disney Parks Blog recently shared simple instructions for an oven-baked French toast that requires just eight ingredients. The banana, peanut butter and chocolate chip-loaded recipe is seasonally served at the PCH Grill at Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel in Anaheim, Calif., the post explained, and now home chefs can try their hand at the dish.
“Making this next weekend! It looks and sounds so good!” one Instagram user exclaimed.
“Woah! This sounds so decadent and amazing!” another echoed.
“I miss PCH grill” one said.
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, Disneyland and Disney World have previously announced that the parks will be closed “until further notice.”
- 8 thick slices of challah bread
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat baking pan (9x13x2-inches recommended) with a nonstick spray
- Slice bread into 1-inch cubes and bananas into ½-inch slices
- Place in large bowl, stirring in chocolate chips
- In a blender, mix peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt, mixing until smooth
- Pour contents of blender over bread mixture in the bowl, stirring until bread cubes have absorbed the liquid mix
- Pour mix into the baking pan
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top of French toast bake is golden brown
- If adding optional toppings, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust powdered sugar