SANAA, Yemen – A Yemeni health official says that airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition bombed civilian homes in a Red Sea port city and killed at least 18 people.
Sami Motair, a medical official at al-Thawra hospital in Hodeidah, told The Associated Press on Thursday that scores of bodies were buried under at least three houses that the missiles hit a neighborhood known as Indians Alley.
He said that he expects the death toll to rise as more bodies are uncovered.
The Wednesday airstrikes targeted the so-called presidential palace in the city earlier in the day.
The Saudi-led coalition has been carrying out airstrikes against Yemen's Houthi rebels and their allies since March 2015.