World

Former aide to Gov. Martinez added back into lawsuit over emails

FILE - This Sept. 4, 2015 file photo New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez speaks at a press conference Albuquerque, N.M. Martinez says she’s confident a close political adviser, Jay McCleskey, did nothing wrong and called allegations of fundraising violations “cheap shots.” The Republican governor told The Associated Press in a statement that she’s aware of complaints being raised and said they came from political opponents who have tried to attack her previously. (AP Photo/Russell Contreras,File)

FILE - This Sept. 4, 2015 file photo New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez speaks at a press conference Albuquerque, N.M. Martinez says she’s confident a close political adviser, Jay McCleskey, did nothing wrong and called allegations of fundraising violations “cheap shots.” The Republican governor told The Associated Press in a statement that she’s aware of complaints being raised and said they came from political opponents who have tried to attack her previously. (AP Photo/Russell Contreras,File)

A former campaign aide to Gov. Susana Martinez has been reinstated as a defendant in a civil lawsuit over email released from the governor's hijacked email account.

The Albuquerque Journal reports that federal Judge William "Chip" Johnson found Friday that new evidence compelled him to add Anissa Ford.

Four plaintiffs are suing several people including a former state Democratic Party chairman and Martinez's ex-campaign manager for violations of laws over the interception and protection of electronic communication in 2010.

Johnson says the evidence comes from the former campaign manager, Jamie Estrada, who went to federal prison after pleading guilty to stealing emails.

In his ruling, Johnson says several texts show Estrada confided in Ford about hacking the email account.

More On This...

A call to a number listed for Ford went unanswered.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram