MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine military says a wanted Filipino bomb-maker and one of the top terror suspects has been killed by a rival factions of Muslim rebels.
The U.S. government has offered a $1 million reward for the capture and prosecution of Abdul Basit Usman.
Military spokesman Brig. Gen Joselito Kakilala said Wednesday that Muslim rebels from a main group that has signed a peace agreement with the government, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, killed Usman after he strayed into their territory in southern Maguindanao province.
Military chief Gregorio Pio Catapang said earlier that Usman was apparently killed in a shootout with his own men.