KABUL, Afghanistan – An Afghan official says a suicide car bomber has targeted a convoy of U.S. troops in the country's east, killing three Afghan civilians and wounding four. The Taliban have claimed responsibility for the attack.
The provincial police chief's spokesman, Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal, says Friday's attack took place on a road near the Jalalabad city airport in Nangarhar province.
He says none of the American soldiers were hurt in the bombing.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid says the insurgent group was behind the attack.
The bombing comes just two days after an Afghan soldier turned his weapon of American troops at the Nangarhar provincial governor's compound in Jalalabad, killing one U.S. soldier and wounding eight others. No one has claimed responsibility for that attack so far.