World

Aaron Hernandez trial resumes after testy exchange between judge, prosecutor

Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez looks at his attorney as security footage is seen on a monitor during his murder trial at the Bristol County Superior Court in Fall River, Mass.,  Friday, Feb. 20, 2015.  Grainy surveillance video shown to jurors in the murder trial of Hernandez on Friday shows the victim an hour before he was killed climbing into a car that prosecutors say was driven by Hernandez. (AP Photo/The Boston Herald, Dominick Reuter)

Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez looks at his attorney as security footage is seen on a monitor during his murder trial at the Bristol County Superior Court in Fall River, Mass., Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. Grainy surveillance video shown to jurors in the murder trial of Hernandez on Friday shows the victim an hour before he was killed climbing into a car that prosecutors say was driven by Hernandez. (AP Photo/The Boston Herald, Dominick Reuter)

The murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez resumes after a tense exchange last week between the judge and a prosecutor.

Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh told prosecutor William McCauley he could not ask the victim's sister anything about text messages sent minutes before Odin Lloyd was killed in June 2013. McCauley said he may appeal.

“I have ruled,” Garsh said during a testy exchange. “There will be no questions of [Lloyd’s sister] at all” about the texts.

Expected back on the stand Monday is a North Attleborough police detective involved in the murder investigation.

Detective Sgt. Christopher Ciccio testified Friday about the amount of time it took him to drive from Lloyd's home in Dorchester to the murder scene in a North Attleboro industrial park, and then to Hernandez's home.

More On This...

Prosecutors have been establishing a timeline of Hernandez's activities that night, and Lloyd's last minutes alive.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram