TORONTO – A senior police official says Canadian police have made another arrest and are announcing charges against three men related to an Islamic State recruiting terror cell in Ottawa.
The official said Tuesday the case is linked to the arrest of three men in in Ottawa last month. It involves alleged recruiting for the Islamic State group and Canadian John Maguire, a fighter who appeared in an IS video overseas and who reportedly might have been killed recently.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of the announcement Tuesday, says charges will be brought against Maguire, who police can't confirm is dead. The official says they will also announce charges against a third man.
Suliman Mohamed, 21, was charged last month with participating in a terrorist group.