North Korea is again insisting it had nothing to do with the cyberattack on Sony Pictures and is urging the United States to provide evidence.

North Korea's deputy U.N. ambassador, An Myong Hun, again called for a joint investigation with the United States.

He spoke at a news conference Tuesday after the Obama administration told Congress that U.S. sanctions imposed earlier this month were only the first step in response to the cyberattack over Sony's movie, "The Interview." The film depicts an assassination attempt on the North Korean leader.

"My country has nothing to do with the Sony hacking," An said. "It is totally arbitrary and out of established hostile policy against my country to impose any kinds of pressure against my country, which we cannot accept at all."