Palestinian police, top, observe and take pictures from the Halhul police station of Israeli soldiers as they search for three missing Israeli teens, feared abducted in the West Bank last week, in Halhul near the West Bank city of Hebron, Saturday, June 21, 2014. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has used the search to promote two other objectives — a new crackdown on Hamas and an attempt to discredit the Palestinian unity government formed earlier this month by Western-backed President Mahmoud Abbas, which is supported by Hamas. The Islamic militant Hamas group has praised the abduction of the teenagers but has not claimed responsibility for it. (AP Photo/Majdi Mohammed) (The Associated Press)
Young boys participate in an inter-faith community candle-light vigil in support of three Israeli students kidnapped by terrorists last Thursday night. The kidnapped Israeli teens; Naftali Frenkel (16), Gilad Shaar (16), and Eyal Yifrach (19), were abducted from a hitchhiking point in the Gush Etzion area of the West Bank. The community vigil was organized and sponsored by the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Joe Shalmoni) (The Associated Press)
GENEVA – The mother of one of three teenagers missing from settlements in the West Bank is pleading with the United Nations and the world to do more to help find the three boys.
Rachelle Fraenkel says she is living "every mother's nightmare" to have her 16-year-old Israeli-American son Naftali kidnapped with the other two boys on their way home from school and receive "nothing, no news, no sign of life."
She told the 47-nation U.N. Human Rights Council on Tuesday that it has a duty to fulfill and "much more can be done and should be done by so many."
The three Jewish seminary students disappeared June 12 while hitchhiking in the West Bank. Israel has blamed the Islamic militant Hamas group for the apparent abduction, but has offered no proof.