Menu
Home

Americas

72 children taken to hospital in Canada after carbon monoxide leak

Seventy-two children have been taken to a Quebec hospital after at least two were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare center.

The city of Saint-Eustache said Tuesday on its website that the children and about 10 adults were taken to the hospital as a preventive measure.

The city says all parents have been advised and the leak is contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building.

The St-Eustache fire department is at the scene.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.