Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

World

Bahrain authorities say 2 children wounded in blast, arrests made in earlier attack

Bahrain says two children are being treated for wounds sustained in an explosion and that four people linked to a deadly bombing earlier this week have been arrested.

The Ministry of Interior said on Thursday that a group of men told the children, aged 10 and 11, to plant a bomb but it went off while one of them was carrying it.

No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing but anti-government activists have increasingly been using explosives following three years of unrest in Bahrain.

Police Chief Maj. Gen. Tariq Hassan al-Hassan said late Wednesday night that four men were arrested in connection with another blast Monday that killed three police officers.

He identified the four suspects by name. Three are in their twenties, and one is 40 years old.

See the latest updates on the hottest midterm races from Fox News

Full Elections Coverage →

Keep up with all the 2014 races in

Coverage →