Published January 05, 2014
PARIS – A French state prosecutor says he wants to obtain an alleged mobile-phone video of a skiing accident that critically injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher.
Albertville prosecutor Patrick Quincy told The Associated Press by phone Sunday that French investigators are taking steps to obtain a copy of the video cited in a report by German news magazine Der Spiegel. Quincy declined to comment further before he holds a planned news conference sometime in mid-week.
Spiegel reported late Saturday that an unnamed 35-year-old man had contacted the magazine claiming to have captured on video Schumacher's Dec. 29 accident at the Alpine ski station of Meribel. The man allegedly had been filming his girlfriend on his smartphone.
Schumacher's spokeswoman said Saturday that his condition at a Grenoble hospital was critical but stable.