FILE - This undated file image released on Thursday May 23, 2013 by the British Ministry of Defence, shows Lee Rigby, who was attacked and killed by two men in the Woolwich area of London on May 23, 2013. A judge has told the jury trying two men for the murder of the British soldier to reject one suspect’s defense that he was a “soldier of Allah.” The prosecutor said the crime was “indefensible in the law of this country." Michael Adebolajo, 29, and Michael Adebowale, 22, face charges of murder and attempted murder of a police officer. A third charge of conspiracy to murder a police officer had been dropped. Both men have pleaded not guilty to murdering soldier Lee Rigby, who was run over by a car, then stabbed and nearly decapitated as he walked near his London barracks on May 22.. (AP Photo/MOD, File) (The Associated Press)
LONDON – A jury has retired to consider its verdicts in the trial of two self-styled "soldiers of Allah" accused of murdering a serviceman who was run down with a car and stabbed to death in frenzied attack on a London street.
Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale are charged with murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby and attempting to murder a police officer.
Both men have pleaded not guilty, though neither denies taking part in the May 22 attack.
Rigby, 25, was returning on foot to his barracks when he was hit by a car, then stabbed and nearly decapitated.
Judge Nigel Sweeney told the jury of eight women and four men at London's Central Criminal Court on Thursday that they must not let emotion influence their decision.