BEIJING – Rescuers have found more bodies at the scene of oil pipeline blasts in eastern China, bringing the death toll in one of the country's worst industrial accidents this year to 52.
The Qingdao government information office said on its microblog Sunday that four more bodies had been found. Eleven other people are still missing following Friday's explosions from a ruptured oil pipeline owned by China's largest oil refiner, Sinopec.
The information office says rescue efforts are continuing. A total of 136 people have been injured, 10 of whom are in critical condition.
Sinopec apologized Saturday for the explosions that ripped slabs of pavements and overturned vehicles. It said it would investigate and "give timely reports."