A probe into allegations of sexual abuse at a Brooklyn, N.Y. high school has concluded that an assistant principal and an after-school program employee sexually abused students.
The assistant principal, William Abreu, who has been suspended without pay since last year, also is accused of threatening to report one of the victims to immigration authorities.
The report released Wednesday by the office that investigates misconduct at New York City schools also says the after-school program employee, Juan Martinez, forced a student to perform oral sex on him.
The report alleges repeated incidents of sexual abuse at Progress High School for Professional Careers starting in 2009.
It follows an earlier probe by the same office accusing Abreu of making inappropriate sexual remarks and propositioning a 15-year-old student.
According to the report released Wednesday by the special commissioner of investigation for city schools, Abreu hired a 17-year-old graduate of the school to perform clerical work in 2009 and paid her in cash.
The report says Abreu knew the girl lacked documents to live and work in the United States legally. It says he told her at one point, "If you don't allow me to touch you I will have to call immigration."
It says he raped her and abused her sexually during the month she worked for him.
The report also says Abreu took $1,500 from the girl's mother and promised falsely that he would use it to hire an immigration lawyer for her.
Information on an attorney for Abreu was not available.
The report also accuses Martinez of forcing a 16-year-old student to perform oral sex on him in 2011.
An attorney for Martinez did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Abreu has been suspended without pay since 2012, and the city Department of Education is seeking to fire him.
Martinez has been declared ineligible to work for the department.
The case has been referred to the Brooklyn district attorney's office for possible prosecution.
Based on reporting by The Associated Press.