Published September 04, 2013
| Associated Press
SANAA, Yemen – Yemen's official TV says a state security court has begun the trial of five Saudi nationals charged with involvement in armed attacks and having links to al-Qaida.
The network says the trial opened Wednesday for the five Saudis, three of whom are from the same family. They stand accused of "planning criminal and terrorist acts" earlier this year that targeted military and security officials. The trial has been postponed until Sept. 11, the network said.
Saudis were among suspected al-Qaida militants targeted by a recent wave of U.S. drone strikes at a time authorities said that Saudis are increasingly crossing the border into Yemen to deliver funds or seek terrorist training.
Yemen's Al-Qaida in The Arabian Peninsula is the product of a merger by the group's Yemeni and Saudi branches.