Published July 18, 2013
| Associated Press
PATNA, India – A doctor says post-mortem reports on the 22 children who died after eating a school lunch in eastern India show that insecticide was either in the food or cooking oil.
Patna Medical College hospital superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar says results of the chemical analysis of the ingredients seized from the school were still pending Thursday.
The free meal was served to the children at midday Tuesday in Gandamal village in Masrakh block, 80 kilometers (50 miles) north of Patna, the Bihar state capital.
Amar also says the 25 children and school cook still being treated in the hospital are unlikely to suffer from any serious aftereffects of eating the tainted food.