MILAN – Italian daily La Stampa says its correspondent in Syria has been missing for about 20 days.
The Turin newspaper's website on Tuesday said 62-year-old Domenico Quirico, an experienced war reporter, entered Syria on April 6 from Lebanon. La Stampa said it has been working with the Italian Foreign Ministry in an effort to find him, but so far with no results.
Quirico planned to report on the Homs area. His last contact was a text message sent on April 9 to an Italian colleague from state TV, saying he was on the road to Homs.
Earlier this month, four Italian journalists were released after being detained in rebel-controlled northern Syria for about 10 days.