ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey's deputy prime minister says Turkish and Israeli officials will meet next week to work out the amount of compensation to be paid to the victims of a raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla that killed eight Turks and a Turkish-American in 2010.
Israel apologized for the botched raid last week and agreed to compensate the injured and relatives of the dead.
Turkey accepted the apology but said it wanted to ensure the victims were compensated and Israel remained committed to the easing of restrictions of goods entering Gaza before restoring full diplomatic relations.
Bulent Arinc said Friday an Israeli delegation will travel to Turkey next week. He says the amount of compensation to be requested will be worked out in consultation with experts and the families' lawyers.