Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

World

Brothers blow up house celebrating lottery

If two brothers blew up their house first and then won the lottery, it would be an inspirational story dubbed the "new house lottery miracle." But in a real life case, the order of events was unfortunately reversed. 

Two brothers in Kansas won a $75,000 lottery ticket. To celebrate, they bought marijuana and meth. But as is often the case with people who smoke marijuana, they apparently did not have a lighter. The solution? A butane torch, the Wichita Eagle reported

More from GlobalPost: Welfare lottery ban proposed in North Carolina

As the brother emptied a large can of butane lighter fluid, the butane leaked into the air, causing a massive explosion. On of the brothers was seriously injured and remains hospitalized, the Wichita Eagle said.

"The butane vapors reached a pile of light in the furnace," a local police officer announced in a press conference. There were also children in the home at the time of the explosion, KTV reports. 

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/brothers-blow-house-celebrating-lottery