Menu

Rupert Murdoch testifies about 'cover-up' in phone-hacking inquiry

 

Rupert Murdoch has told the Leveson Inquiry there was a phone-hacking "cover-up" at the News Of The World, which was instigated by "one or two people" at the tabloid.

The News Corporation chairman was questioned about the scandal at the now-defunct Sunday tabloid during his second day of evidence at the inquiry.

Murdoch has previously said he was "shocked and appalled" by the allegations and was "determined to put things right".

At the inquiry into media standards he apologized for the failings of the News Of The World (NOTW) and accepted the buck stopped with him.

The 81-year-old said he feels responsible for the hacking scandal at the newspaper, saying it was a "serious blot" on his reputation.

Murdoch also said he wished he had stepped in earlier to shut the tabloid down.

Click here to read more from SkyNews