Afghan government reports 6 civilian deaths

Published March 28, 2010

| AP

Hundreds of Afghans have protested a NATO airstrike in the country's north that killed seven policemen. Separately, the government says six civilians were killed in weekend explosions.

The demonstrators stood outside a district government building in Kunduz province Sunday, shouting for justice. Shahpur Emami, a former provincial council member, says they want to hear the result of an investigation into last month's NATO airstrike and compensation for the victims' families. NATO has said the planes were aiming at insurgents, but missed their target.

one in Sangin district and one in Nawa district.

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03/28/afghan-government-reports-civilian-deaths/