Numerous organizations are mobilizing to lend a hand in the devastating aftermath of Saturday's earthquake in Chile.
Authorities caution people to beware of online scammers.
• Americares: Specializes in immediate disaster relief
• Direct Relief International: Bills its response efforts are fast, involve local partners, and are coordinated with other international organizations and governmental authorities.
• Habitat for Humanity: Addresses shelter solutions for low-income families
• UNICEF USA: Donations to UNICEF will go to children, the most vulnerable population in any natural disaster.
• United Way: Donate online — or donate $10 by texting CHILE to 864833 (UNITED).
• World Vision: Has has worked in Chile for 30 years and is already airlifting supplies into the country to help with relief efforts.