Nate Robinson scored 11 of his 41 points in overtime in a dramatic return to New York's lineup, and the Knicks beat the Hawks 112-108 on Friday night for their second win in Atlanta this season.

Playing for the first time since Dec. 1, Robinson entered the game with 3:01 remaining in the opening period. He made 18 of 24 shots from the field, came within four points of his career high and had eight assists.

Robinson had 30 points in regulation and then dominated the overtime by scoring 11 of the Knicks' 13 points. Three of his baskets in the extra period gave New York a lead, including a three-point play with 2:09 remaining for a 108-105 advantage.

Wilson Chandler added 24 points for New York.

Joe Johnson had 28 points for Atlanta, which has lost three straight for the first time this season. Josh Smith had 24 points and 10 rebounds, and Al Horford had 22 points and 19 rebounds for the Hawks, who had only 12 points off their bench.

Atlanta led 80-67 entering the final period. New York, which beat the Hawks 114-107 in Atlanta on Dec. 4, cut the lead to two points on Robinson's basket with 1:37 remaining. Following a miss by Horford, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni called a timeout with 45 seconds remaining to set up Robinson's tying drive down the baseline with 38 seconds remaining for a 97-97 tie.

Johnson answered with a short jumper, but Robinson again tied the game with a drive past Smith with 11.3 seconds left.

Marvin Williams missed a 3-pointer at the end of regulation.

Robinson returned after missing 14 straight games. He played about 10 minutes against Phoenix on Dec. 1 and didn't play again the rest of the month.

Robinson was averaging 11 points in only 12 games. He had 24 points against Orlando on Nov. 29.

Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, recently told reporters he'd asked the Knicks to trade the guard. The league fined Robinson $25,000 on Monday because players are not allowed to make public trade requests.

The Knicks led 55-54 at halftime, but Johnson had two 3-pointers in the third quarter as the Hawks took an 80-67 lead into the final period.

NOTES: Knicks F-C Darko Milicic (upset stomach) and F Jonathan Bender (sore left leg) did not play. ... New York's David Lee was called for a flagrant foul against Smith early in the fourth period. ... The Knicks were 9-6 in December. ... Hawks G Mike Bibby had seven assists, including the 5,000th of his career in the second quarter.