Mexico has reversed course and will again participate in upcoming Copa Libertadores and Copa America tournaments.

Mexican officials Tuesday said they would participate in those events. Mexico cut ties with its South American counterparts earlier this month because clubs from Uruguay and Brazil refused to play Copa Libertadores matches in Mexico following the swine flu outbreak.

Those disputes have since been resolved, Mexican soccer federation president Justino Compean said.

Chivas and San Luis, the two Mexican teams that withdrew from Copa Libertadores, will advance directly into the round of 16 at that event next year, the Mexican federation said. Mexico also was invited to the 2011 Copa America tournament and will be considered as a host for that event in 2015.