Tracy Morgan says a faulty fish tank light apparently sparked a fire in his New York City apartment, but no one was hurt _ not even the fish.
Firefighters were called to the comedian-actor's Manhattan apartment Wednesday morning. It's unclear whether the "30 Rock" star or anyone else was there.
In a statement, Morgan says the fire was contained to the area around the aquarium. He says sprinklers went off, and "even the fish are OK."
The Fire Department says the blaze was brought under control in less than half an hour.
The 40-year-old former "Saturday Night Live" actor is thanking firefighters for "their quick action."
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.