NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – A South Carolina man has been jailed after allegedly calling police to say there was a bomb in the White House.
A North Myrtle Beach police news release says authorities spoke with 25-year-old Justin McCoy of Little River on the phone and in person late Tuesday, and he confirmed making the threat.
The release says no bombs were located at the White House.
Police say McCoy was previously convicted of making a bomb threat and also threatening the life of a public official. Now he's charged with making a bomb threat or conveying false information about a bomb threat. The sheriff's website says McCoy is being held without bail.
A city spokesman said the Secret Service is interviewing McCoy. The spokesman didn't answer whether McCoy has an attorney.